Wednesday, March 21, 2012

SENIOR WEEK! GET EXCITED!


Class of 2012!  GET EXCITED!  You are the first class to experience Hofstra’s Senior Week!

So…what exactly is Senior Week?

I mean, I graduated awhile ago now, so the whole “senior week” thing did not apply to either of my high school or college experiences…*(cough)*  Um, so based upon my amazing ability to google and research stuff, senior week seems to be a long standing tradition in some institutions, and well, the new HOT programming trend in others.

All joking aside, the end of your senior year of college is one of the most amazing and yet scary moments in your life (I guess until you get married, buy a house, or have a kid?)  I mean, let’s face it; you have put in at least four years of hard work studying, and socializing to get to this point.  Yes, you’re about ready to earn your degree and maybe somewhere along the way, you’ve gained a better understanding of who you are.  You’re hopefully beginning to reminisce about some of the memories you’ve made (or maybe you’re trying to forget some of the mistakes you may have made along the way too), and at the end of this journey you need to figure out what’s next?

Holy CRAP—what’s next?!  I mean is this resonating with you yet?

I’m kind of jealous that I didn’t have a senior week (back in the day) when I went to college.  It would have been nice to be around people like me; who were able to understand that bittersweet feeling that only a senior understands.  And of course, I’m not going to lie…I would have liked to have been able to participate in a week of fun activities and get a one-of-a-kind sweatshirt that not even the bookstore can sell…just saying.

Well anyway, enough about my age, or life’s bittersweet moments.  The Class Programming Committee designed this exclusive week for the Class Of 2012, with the help of the Senior Class Challenge Committee, to be an exciting week of social events that mark your final few days as a Hofstra Student.

Ticket sales will be held on Tuesday, March 27 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the MPR; Wednesday, March 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the MPR an 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in 260 Student Center. 

Are you getting excited yet?  Check out hofstra.edu/classof2012 for more information!

0 comments:

Post a Comment