Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Presidential Debate Returns to Hofstra!


I'm sure you have all heard by now but Hofstra will once again be hosting a Presidential Debate on October 16, 2012. And while the countdown clock may currently make it seem lightyears away, it'll be here before we know it. What does this mean for students? Opportunities. Yes, plural.

Although I wasn't here for Debate '08, three years have passed and the campus is still buzzing about it. I've heard so many amazing stories that I feel like I was in attendance (plus I was stalking every update about my alma mater leading up to the big day, from 3,000 miles away). I wanted to get involved. So when the announcement came last week, needless to say I was ecstatic! "What an amazing opportunity and experience?"

My hope is that all of you have the same thought and are welcoming this once-in-a-lifetime (well for some twice) opportunity and thinking about how you will get involved. Maybe you will participate in planning events, others may attend programs, and some
lucky students will win the golden ticket to be up close and live.
Either way, I can promise you there will be something for everyone. Take advantage of this. And when you land that first job interview, I can bet this will be a topic brought up for discussion, as it gleams off your resume.

Get psyched. Get stoked. Get (insert your version of excited here). And most importantly, get involved!

Stay tuned and check those emails (and of course your favorite FB and Twitter page) come spring...

0 comments:

Post a Comment